• Create Account

archtitecture with callback

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 metamind   Members   -  Reputation: 113

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hi,

I am working on an application to read in frames from a capture card and put them into a Pixel Buffer Object. I am pretty new to OpenGL.

How do it get it so that the screen updates when a new frame comes in and disable the glutDisplayFunc loop?

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 larspensjo   Members   -  Reputation: 1526

1Likes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

If you already have some implementation based on GLUT, I someone else will have to help you.

Otherwise, I think glfw is much better than GLUT. Especially as glfw allows you full control of the main loop.
Current project: Ephenation.
Sharing OpenGL experiences: http://ephenationopengl.blogspot.com/

#3 Scourage   Members   -  Reputation: 690

1Likes

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

In GLUT there is a glutPostRedisplay() function that will redraw the screen for you. I'm not sure that this will pump any user inputs (as it would in GLFW), but it may. When you get a new caputure frame, update your PBO and then then call the postRedisplay() function to ask GLUT to redraw the screen.

GLUT and FreeGLUT are pretty old. I recommend GLFW as well (full disclosure: I've contributed to it in the past). It's a great windowing framework and gives you the primitives to build your own loop around.

Cheers,

Bob

Halfway down the trail to Hell...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS