• Create Account

how to a add collectables ti my game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 turkeyremis   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hi there ppl of game dev im here with a question and it is how do I put a collectable system in my game like example there are laptops u have to find and when u find it and pick it up it show a paragraph like apiece of storry like intel in most games plz help

Sponsor:

#2 deathwearer   Members   -  Reputation: 367

6Likes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hi turkeyremis,

Your question is too general that it's impossible for us to give you a proper answer.
We first need to know what is the language you use, if you need help on the technical implementation.
Also what is your classes layout. If you need help on where and how to store the information.

Your question is very general. Storing/gathering/displaying information in a game can be more than 50% of the code of your game :) Maybe if you could just tell us if you want a general idea, or a specific implementation advice etc.

#3 turkeyremis   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

okay a noob question wat is classes layout mean

#4 deathwearer   Members   -  Reputation: 367

1Likes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

How your classes are organized. What is each class responsiblities, what objects it owns, what is its relationship with other classes.

What programming language do you know/use?

Is your game already started? And how far are you?

Edited by deathwearer, 08 December 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS