• Create Account

Udp server on homePC

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 gnomgrol   Members   -  Reputation: 561

0Likes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey guys,
I'm currently writing on an udp gameserver, and I reached a state I would need some multiclienttesting now. So I gave the client to a friend, and started the server on my Pc, letting the clients connect to my IP. For some reason no packets reach the server, but it doesnt throw an error either. The server sends his answer to a client using the sendto function and the port/ip he got from the last packet.
When I start multiple Clients on my own PC it runs just fine. The ports it connects on differ any time a client is started, even thougth I gave them a spezific port for the socket, so I can't really open the port on my router.

I don't even have an idea what is the problem needed to be fixed here, so I hope that you can point me in the right direction.

Greetings

Sponsor:

#2 ApEk   Members   -  Reputation: 439

1Likes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Considering no packets reach the server, the problem could possibly be with network address translation. Look up information on "udp punch through", or "udp hole punching".

#3 Dunge   Members   -  Reputation: 405

0Likes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

How could your server answer to the "last packet" information where he does not receive any packet? Your sentence is off. Also, UDP is like a black void, you don't have any feedback so it's normal the client don't throw any error.

I guess you simply have a firewall blocking them. Check in your router, your Windows firewall, or your anti-virus.

#4 gnomgrol   Members   -  Reputation: 561

0Likes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

UDP punsh through is rigth what I needed, thanks!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS