• Create Account

Stickies about common topics in the For Beginners forum

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Casey Hardman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2208

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

The For Beginners forum is where a lot of old topics are brought up many different times, but it has no stickies. I think it could use a "Which Programming Language to Use" sticky, and a "Which Engine to Use" sticky, and a "Why You Won't Be Making an MMO" sticky...OK, maybe you could change the last one to "Being an Idea Guy" (to get people to click on it, so their hopes and dreams can be crushed once they're there Posted Image)

I would've clicked on the last one when I joined, but I asked the question instead and typed up a wall of text that probably could have been summed up with a quarter of what I wrote. It seems like stickies about these things would save a lot of time, both for the posters and those replying to them.

I would try to make them myself and ask that they get stickied, but I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to make truly resourceful posts on those topics.

I think the For Beginners section is hurting for comprehensive posts/articles about these few topics, and if these posts were easily accessible, it might stop a lot of repetitive questions.

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 18609

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

We used to have a comprehensive FAQ for the For Beginners forum that covered a number of your suggestions, but it seems to have been lost at some point.

I'll see if I can dig out the text of the previous version and get some input from the For Beginners moderator on updating it!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS