• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

3D Game Engine Programming - Stefan Zerbst

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 785

0Likes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

The problem was caused because I have forgotten to include Windows and something else.Anyway,I just opened the source code and everything was fine.

For those having other problems,the author provides some updated tips on his website on the subject of making everything run.

Edited by noatom, 08 December 2012 - 12:25 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 proanim   Members   -  Reputation: 441

0Likes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

In that book source at the end of each chapter is not the same as the one that is presented in the same chapter, so it is practicaly useless. There are some good things in that book but i suggest you to find a better book than this one. I red somewhere that the end product is not better than doom1 clone (i am not sure if this is true).

#3 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 785

0Likes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

believe me I searched.There is no actual book that actually explains how to make an engine from 0.Or if there is,it's older.

Doom 1 clone? The book wants to build an engine so it should: load models,load textures etc etc.I don't understand why it would be conditioned to look as old as doom 1.

And even if it would,the book plans to make a game engine,and that's not a simple task at all.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS