• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Could Parallax Mapping be done at World Space?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tunisia hawker   Members   -  Reputation: 160

0Likes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hello,I am trying normal map and I calculate TBN matrix in pixel shader.Problem is the technique I use give a TBN matrix which is not a orthogonal matrix.It can only translate vectors from tangent space to local space,not the opposite way.So I just do lighting in world space.
I just wonder can I do parallax mapping in world space or view space?If I can't,is there a way to calculate a orthogonal TBN matrix in ps?And what else technique must have tangent space?
Thanks for reply.

Edited by Tunisia hawker, 09 December 2012 - 08:47 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3171

0Likes

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Maybe you could build a new TBN basis yourself? Look at Bump Mapping Unparametrized Surfaces on the GPU.

As a side note, vectors are not translated from tangent to local. They are transformed. Those words have specific, different meanings, check your terminology.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS