• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

opencl and band

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 giugio   Members   -  Reputation: 215

0Likes

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

hello.
I have a scene graph in my opengl engine, I traverses the graph and fills a buffer with some data for each node of the scene graph.
I have a buffer filled with memory and i can send it as parameter of a kernel, and execute the kernel.
Now: when i traverses again the graph i'm need only of the nodes that contain a flag to true(the flag is true only on the translate and rotated elements ).
How i can minimize the band from host to the device(the gpu)?
I see the enquequeMapBuffer, but i have a segmented memory and i shall call many time the enquequeMapBuffer and that i think that this is slow .
Is possible to update the kernel(send data to an args) before that is executed with only a part of the data(those that have the flag to true), and remember on the kernel all the old data?
or each time that i must execute a kernel i need to send all the data?
thanks.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS