• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

- - - - -

Assertion failed while using function handles

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andre Santee   Members   -  Reputation: 227

0Likes

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hi,
After I updated my engine project to the latest WIP version of AngelScript I could successfully run my base testbed.
However I had a minor issue while trying to run Magic Portals with the updated version of AngelScript:

Assertion failed: (calledFunc), function AdjustGetOffset, file /../../../../source/as_restore.cpp, line 3471.

I could isolate the issue and reproduce it in a smaller excerpt:
[source lang="java"]class Foo{ int a;}class Bar{ float b;}funcdef void TEST_FUNC_HANDLE(Foo, Bar);void testFunction(TEST_FUNC_HANDLE@ func){ func(Foo(), Bar());}[/source]
It appears that the assertion fails while trying to save the bytecode for testFunction. Am I doing anything silly?

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3453

0Likes

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

It appears you've found a case where the code is not currently able to properly adjust the bytecode to be platform independent.

I'll investigate this and have a fix ready as soon as possible.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3453

0Likes

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

It was indeed a bug.

I've fixed it now in revision 1504.

Thanks,
Andreas
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#4 Andre Santee   Members   -  Reputation: 227

0Likes

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Thanks! I successfully ran Magic Portals on 2.26.0 WIP (r1505).

#5 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3453

0Likes

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Great. Thanks for the confirmation.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS