• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Direct 2D for game Programming

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 haseebkhan   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Hello all

i am a new member of gamedev and i have too much passion of game programming. SO guys i just need your help for the right path i am using SFML2.0 now a days which is very good and i am enjoying it a lot. I want to know what is Direct 2D and 3D i have Direct 2D tutorial so should i watch them or not. Will it be helpful for games or not. please guide me

Regards
Haseeb

Sponsor:

#2 haseebkhan   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

any one can give me an answer of my question plz

#3 SamiHuutoniemi   Members   -  Reputation: 259

1Likes

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I'll give you a great hint:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=direct2d

Then check out the first link!

Edited by jbadams, 13 December 2012 - 01:01 AM.
Restored post contents from history.

#4 haseebkhan   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

I asked the same question to Kenny Kerr and his reply is:

Direct2D is the premiere graphics API on Windows today. Although its focus is on 2D rendering, it has many features that enable 3D scenes and interop with Direct3D is excellent. It is ideally suited to game development, and is available on Windows for PCs (x86/x64), Windows RT (ARM tablets), and Windows Phone 8 (unofficially). I suspect it will eventually be available on Xbox as well but I have no information about that.

If you have no yet learned Direct3D I would highly recommend you start with Direct2D. You can then always learn about Direct3D after that.

About Kenny Kerr:

Kenny Kerr is a computer programmer and recognized expert in Windows operating system development and programming languages. Kenny has published numerous articles about the Windows operating system, network security, and C++ for MSDN Magazine as well as other publications. Microsoft has recognized Kenny’s expertise in network and operating system security with the Microsoft MVP Award for security. He has also held the Microsoft MVP Award since 2007 for his contributions to the C++ development community.

Edited by haseebkhan, 13 December 2012 - 03:35 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS