• Create Account

self advection

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 noobnerd   Members   -  Reputation: 128

0Likes

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hi there.

I have been trying to do a fluid simulator using vector fields, just toying around with ideas not trying to follow something already invented and smart like SPH or the likes. I have got seriously stuck now when trying to self advect velocity fields, that is make a velocity field move itself ( evolve maybe) i have googled the matter and found many promising guides (link) and tutorials but they all seem to expect that i would be familiar with math i am not familiar with. I'm not asking for some magic easy solution, what i would like is for someone to tell me what the mathematical principles are that i would need to understand prior to trying this. i understand vector fields and operations on the on a rudimentary level (curl,div,grad) but self advection eludes me.

any answers or links to helpfull articles would be much appreciated

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS