• Create Account

- - - - -

C bindings

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hellrazor236   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Are there any updated C bindings? If not, what would it take to gets some?

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3196

0Likes

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

The C bindings were last updated last year. It would be necessary to update them with the latest interface changes. It's a not difficult task but I currently have no time to spend on it.

I happen to know that another user is experimenting with integrating AngelScript in a Delphi application. He has agreed to share the updates that he does on the C interface, but I have no idea when he will be done with these changes.

[edit] added a missing not ;)
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 Hellrazor236   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Well, if you told me what to do and how to do it I'm sure I could help.

#4 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3196

0Likes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Take a look at the C interface from last year. You'll see that it follows the layout of angelscript.h. To update the C interface it's just a matter of continuing to use the same pattern and adding the missing functions and adjust the ones that have been modified.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#5 Hellrazor236   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

So it's gruntwork? Okey-dokey. And who's this other user working on it or where can I see the updates, etc., etc. - I'd hate to write what's already been written.

#6 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3196

0Likes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'll send him an e-mail to see how he's doing. Maybe he's completed the update already.

#7 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3196

1Likes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

I received the updated C interface. I haven't had time to test it myself, but at a quick glance it seems to be ok.

I've attached it as I received it. When I get some time I'll do some testing on it and create the project files for compiling it as a dll.

Attached Files

• Attached File  clib.zip   14.73KB   30 downloads

#8 Hellrazor236   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Sweet, thanks!

#9 Hellrazor236   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Okay, how am I supposed to compile it? (I'm using GCC)

Do I just go into the gnuc folder, run "make all SHARED=1", go through the dynamic linking in my code, and #include angelscript_c.h?

Edited by Hellrazor236, 19 December 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#10 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3196

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

The idea is that you'll compile the AngelScript library as a static library. Then compile the AngelScript C interface as a shared library, and link it with the AngelScript static library. The end result is that you'll have a self contained shared library that exposes the AngelScript C interface that the applications can use.

Unfortunately I do not have much experience with gcc so I can't give you details on how to write the makefile for a shared library.

If you can put together the makefile for the AngelScript C shared library I'll be happy to include it in the zip file for others to use as well.

#11 Hellrazor236   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

So I keep angelscript_c.h out of the (C library's) compilation process, but #include it in my own project?

If so, I have a half-assed makefile for it - it doesn't offer anything fancy like the environment's compiler options, but it gets the job done.

Attached Files

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS