• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Is the point system get a new feature or bug?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

I rated up 17 posts in one thread. Now if I remember right, I get an extra point for each of the first 5 posts I rate up. Then every other post after that is 0 extra points. But I just got 17 extra points. Did I miss something?
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3949

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

it's possible that having a high rep increases the cap, but it'll take a mod to confirm that.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 20378

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Uh, yeah, I just did the same thing by mistake, also thinking it was capped. I upvoted 10 people, so I got +5 above the '5' cap that needs to be retracted.

(Amusingly, I was voting up the same people and thread you were voting up, after you pointed out it was an interested thread and that they deserved to be upvoted)

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 14 December 2012 - 02:02 AM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3949

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

so, i just tossed out some votes, and when i hit 9 votes, i get a message telling me i hit my daily up vote cap, and can't apply any more votes.

so i'm assuming the cap must be based on rep.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS