• Create Account

Comments per page (Journal comments)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18483

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Is there a place I can change my settings for how many journal comments appear on each page?

If not, could the site-wide setting be upped to 10 per page? Currently it's only 5.

Also, we still need notifications of journal comments if we are participating in a comment conversation but aren't the journal owner.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

Sponsor:

#2 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4884

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

You'll have to change the settings in your journal control panel - access it through the profile menu way up top right in the black bar - "Manage Journals"

The site-wide default is 20 per page. It may have been upped since you created your journal.

If you follow your entry (top right over the Edit options) you can go into your Watched Content panel and set notification options for when new comments are posted

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18483

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the response. I didn't realize it was set per-journal - my journal already had it set to 20.
I was reading someone else's journal, and noticed that they had it set to 5, and I assumed it was a site-wide or per-user setting.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4884

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

yea some of the older journals probably still have the count set pretty low as that's what it used to be by default

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS