• Create Account

Bionic arms that feel. Welcome to the future.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 HappyCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 2365

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I was browsing TED talks the other day and found this.
http://www.ted.com/talks/todd_kuiken_a_prosthetic_arm_that_feels.html

It blew my mind. The technique they describe isn't all that complicated but the results are incredible. Where do you see the technology going over the next several years? I feel like having some sort of lightweight motor contracts like a muscle would propel this technology many steps forward.

Sponsor:

#2 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

That's extraordinary! It's too bad there's not a "good" way to just have wires act as nerves and extend down the arm as necessary. But it's great for those who can get to that type of technology.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS