• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

15 year old trying to build a game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 conorvt97   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hi, im Conor, im in highschool looking for someone to help me develope a game. im autistic and would like to learn about developing :)

Sponsor:

#2 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

0Likes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

What was the purpose of that post? Well, I guess I should say hello. Since you only told us your name and one of your potential hobby interests, the only thing I can say is just go find stuff on the internet related to programming and get started.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

#3 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11753

1Likes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Moving this to For Beginners.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#4 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2061

1Likes

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I've heard a great was to get stared in gamedev is invent with python(http://www.inventwithpython.com). After that, try making some games. Everyone on here will be happy to help you with your problems. And after you've made a few games, have a nice portfolio, and are a sweet programmer, being in a team with you would be awesome.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS