• Create Account

Software Renderer, silhouette refinement

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 DDoS   Members   -  Reputation: 312

2Likes

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

hi, i'm working on an exercise for university and we are implementing a software renderer in java.
they want us to implement some cool stuff we want, and to play around with it

i thought about implementing silhouette refinement (just because i think it's interresting),
saw this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nMwk2Zi0c3o#t=39s

how would you implement this method? i googled around and found this: using some kind of adaptive tessaltion on the silhouette tris/edges

thought about implementing an own rasterizer and use polynomial curves instead of straight lines on the outer edges, could this work ^^?

pls throw in your ideas, and give me stuff to melt my brain :D

with kind regards, DDoS

Sponsor:

#2 GeniusPooh   Members   -  Reputation: 157

0Likes

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Oh

nice work for you...

I think you don't need curved surface it's too complicate...

I think what you need is..

1, find edge vertex and triangle ( Is this easy? isn't it?)

2. teselate it..

teselating it is so easy what you just need is triangle is softedge or not. but you can just do every triangle as soft one.

teselation so easy you can flow vertex's normal and you can put new vertex on normal curve.( this curve is just arbitary one :) but you can emagine it ? isn't it?)

I think that's all you need Posted Image

happy work I envy your work and times..

Edited by GeniusPooh, 16 December 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Beauty is only skin deep , ugly goes to bones

World's only 3D engine tunner and 3D engine guru.

and real genius inventor :) but very kind warm heart .. and having serious depression for suffering in Korea

www.polygonart.co.kr ( currently out dated and only Korean will change to English and new stuff when I get better condition :) sorry for that)

#3 GeniusPooh   Members   -  Reputation: 157

0Likes

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ah I forgot something

you can use catmull rom(??) cubic function can be use interpolation.. or bezier..

If any help for it plz let me know

Beauty is only skin deep , ugly goes to bones

World's only 3D engine tunner and 3D engine guru.

and real genius inventor :) but very kind warm heart .. and having serious depression for suffering in Korea

www.polygonart.co.kr ( currently out dated and only Korean will change to English and new stuff when I get better condition :) sorry for that)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS