• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Desura frustrations

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 ILoveJesus   Members   -  Reputation: 166

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

I am pretty upset with the situation i am experiencing and I will explain it the best way I can. Maybe someone can ease my mind, I don't know. I put up my indie game on Indiedb.com about 3 months ago. I asked if I could alphafund it on Desura the first day(desura and indiedb are sister sites). They said no and suggested I improve the look of the game, and the feel. No biggie. I spent about 2 months doing all that and I also made some changes that some from the community suggested.

A week ago I asked Desura support again if I could alphafund. In 3 days no response, so I sent another email mentioning that it was just in case the last email was missed or if I put my contact email wrong on the previous request. It has been a week now since the first email and no response still. I am frustrated not because they don't say yes but because they aren't say anything at all. I feel like I am being avoided. I mean if the answer is no, then tell me no. I am a 32 year old man. I can handle it. Who is to say that when the game is up to their standards for alphafunding or even a published release they just avoid me again? If they don't respond at all I may have to move my game elsewhere and I shouldn't have to do that.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS