• Create Account

Software 3D Renderer - Do I really need Perspective Correction?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 SymLinked   Members   -  Reputation: 816

0Likes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

Do I really need Perspective Correction if I'm not going to use any textures/lighting? I just want to render solid triangles and nothing else.
I've heard you still need it for triangles that are big enough or close enough to the camera, is that true?

I was hoping it's just for texturing/lighting so I don't have to implement it. Posted Image

Sincerely,
Sym

Edited by SymLinked, 19 December 2012 - 07:56 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Krzysztof Narkowicz   Members   -  Reputation: 1069

5Likes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Depth should be also interpolated using perspective correction. Without it there will be some z-buffer artifacts in places where two triangles intersect / overlap. More or less visible, depending on triangle position and size.

BTW persp corr interpolation just for zbuffer is simple - just linearly interpolate 1/z in screen space.

blog | twitter | "Don't have any friends? Still a virgin? Programming is for you!"

#3 SymLinked   Members   -  Reputation: 816

0Likes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks a lot Krzysztof, then it's all clear! Useful tip about the zbuffer too.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS