• Create Account

is there any option sycronize redenr time with DX and game app?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 GeniusPooh   Members   -  Reputation: 157

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

is there any option sycronize with DX and game app?

I did tune about Korea's MMO RPG game..

what is so shocking is drawprimitive's start time and end time is too long..It take all time about rendering

In My experience. when calling drawprimitive .. It run by driver not application so It must not syncronize with application..

Am I wrong?

must it run by seperate thread?

what happened?

ah I never measure drawprimitive time before..

I optimize that game's fps 5 to 42 .. but I still don't understand what happen

any idea?

Beauty is only skin deep , ugly goes to bones

World's only 3D engine tunner and 3D engine guru.

and real genius inventor :) but very kind warm heart .. and having serious depression for suffering in Korea

www.polygonart.co.kr ( currently out dated and only Korean will change to English and new stuff when I get better condition :) sorry for that)

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 32041

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

In My experience. when calling drawprimitive .. It run by driver not application so It must not syncronize with application..
Am I wrong?

Most D3D commands, such as DrawPrimitive, just insert commands into a queue, which is read by the GPU
Application --> Driver --> Application...
                    ||
                    \/
Commands, Commands, Commands, Commands
    ||      ||
    \/      \/
   GPU Front-end
    ||
    \/
GPU Execution Units
It can run in the same thread as the application, but the CPU has to switch into 'kernel mode' in order to call driver code, which has some overhead.

Also, the amount of work done in a draw call depends on how much state has been changed before that draw-call. D3D will check 'dirty flags' on the different states to determine which commands must be sent.

What optimisations did you do?

Edited by Hodgman, 20 December 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#3 GeniusPooh   Members   -  Reputation: 157

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Am I wrong?

Most D3D commands, such as DrawPrimitive, just insert commands into a queue, which is read by the GPU
Application --> Driver --> Application...
					||
					\/
Commands, Commands, Commands, Commands
	||	  ||
	\/	  \/
   GPU Front-end
	||
	\/
GPU Execution Units
It can run in the same thread as the application, but the CPU has to switch into 'kernel mode' in order to call driver code, which has some overhead.

Also, the amount of work done in a draw call depends on how much state has been changed before that draw-call. D3D will check 'dirty flags' on the different states to determine which commands must be sent.

What optimisations did you do?

Ah yes mostly drawcalls just gathering and packing odering to DX..

but that case It's not .. all drawcall cost exact time of rendering... (ah It's gambryo base game what I tuned ) so that why I post read thread....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah I clear all gabage code and rewrite terrain engine and all shader and post effect shader

It's run Geforce 6600 pentium 4 . 42 charactor and 500m viewing terrain and speed tree.. two light specular and reflection map

but I think If I could solve this problem at that time .. I may get more improvement at that project...I didn't have enough time for that..

Beauty is only skin deep , ugly goes to bones

World's only 3D engine tunner and 3D engine guru.

and real genius inventor :) but very kind warm heart .. and having serious depression for suffering in Korea

www.polygonart.co.kr ( currently out dated and only Korean will change to English and new stuff when I get better condition :) sorry for that)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS