• Create Account

[GL3] VAO and VBO question about dynamic/stream buffers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Murloc992   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hello, I am writing here with a question which was haunting me lately.

I want to draw some dynamic data using a VAO, but I am not pretty sure how to do it. Doing it the regular dynamic/stream VBO way it works, but when I do it with a VAO I need to bind the buffer I want to change and while using gDebugger I found out that those binds in dynamic/stream functions are pretty expensive and gDebugger doesn't recommend using those, so I want to know how should I draw a dynamic VBOs in a VAO?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew.

Sponsor:

#2 beans222   Members   -  Reputation: 988

2Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

This page should have all the information: http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Buffer_Object_Streaming
There's no way around a glBindBuffer though.

#3 Murloc992   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for an answer. I know how to stream the buffers with the bind. My question is about how to avoid the bind, or it is unavoidable. :?

#4 BornToCode   Members   -  Reputation: 902

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

You cannot get around the binding.

#5 Kaptein   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 1844

0Likes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

the most common way "around bind," is to put many meshes into a single VBO, and render different parts of the data using glDrawArrays ..., first_vertex, count (or elements)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS