• Create Account

What is "GPL.SOL" And Why Is It On My Computer ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shippou   Members   -  Reputation: 1524

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I found this file, while trying to figure out a security breach in my system ... what is it for ?
The raw data that I can read points to
http://www.gamedev.net/page/index.html
The file is located in ""\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\SMZAQ2S2\couponcp-a.akamaihd.net\items\e6a00\storage.swf""

Reactions To Technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

- Douglas Adams 2002

Sponsor:

#2 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 9992

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

It looks like one of the ads on the homepage handed you a flash cookie.

Mmm, tasty.

Edited by swiftcoder, 20 December 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

#3 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3886

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

i love how these things just get buried 10 folders deep with the absolute most obscure names possible.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#4 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 9992

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

i love how these things just get buried 10 folders deep with the absolute most obscure names possible.

You wouldn't actually want to be able to filter these things by name/location, now would you?

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

#5 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3886

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

You wouldn't actually want to be able to filter these things by name/location, now would you?

of course not, but why hide it into so many damn folders, instead of storing it all in one location, and hash the file names, instead of using 3-4 folder's just to contain a file or two.

honestly, the file could have gone like this:
"\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\SMZAQ2S2_couponcp-a.akamaihd.net_items_e6a00_storage.swf"
instead of abusing directory's to do the dirty work.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#6 Shippou   Members   -  Reputation: 1524

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info ... ya I do find it annoying it's buried so deep in useless directories.

Reactions To Technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

- Douglas Adams 2002

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS