• Create Account

I can't write in my posts...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

GAAAH! I can't write posts using the plain-text editor (not the WYSIWYG editor). It doesn't save anything I type, and when I tried creating this post with the plain-text editor it wouldn't let me (it gave me the error "You must enter a post."). Also, I couldn't copy 'n' paste my message that I wrote in plain-text into this WYSIWYG editor....

Also, when I tried using the plain-text editor, I still had full access to all the formatting/linking options (and when I tried create a link, clicking "Ok" on the pop-up link box wouldn't close it or do anything, so I had to cancel it).

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9676

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm having the same issues (Chrome on Vista and Win 7), though I can copy and paste from plain text mode to the WYSIWYG mode if I reload the entire page first.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21187

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Did you clear your cache? I had a similar problem.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9676

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Clearing the cache seems to have worked.

#5 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Did you clear your cache? I had a similar problem.
I figured it was a different issue (seeing as I could still post with the WYSIWYG editor), but yes, that seems to have worked. Thanks!

Edited by Cornstalks, 21 December 2012 - 10:38 PM.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#6 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21187

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Perhaps GameDev.net should put a message across the top of the site saying, "We just updated our site software. If you are experiencing any problems, first try clearing your cache; if the problem persists, report it [here]"

I imagine quite a bit of people are experiencing the problem and don't know why.

[Edit:] Currently it says, "Ctrl+R your browser". Refreshing the webpage (Ctrl+R) won't fix it: clearing your cache does.

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 22 December 2012 - 12:04 PM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#7 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Perhaps GameDev.net should put a message across the top of the site saying, "We just updated our site software. If you are experiencing any problems, first try clearing your cache; if the problem persists, report it [here]"

I imagine quite a bit of people are experiencing the problem and don't know why.

[Edit:] Currently it says, "Ctrl+R your browser". Refreshing the webpage (Ctrl+R) won't fix it: clearing your cache does.
I can't upvote with a button, so I'm doing it with words.

#8 MarkS   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 887

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I cleared my cache. Still no luck. I had to edit a post about five times and it still doesn't look correct.

I using Chrome on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

#9 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5456

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I cleared my cache. Still no luck. I had to edit a post about five times and it still doesn't look correct.

I using Chrome on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Hrmm.. I had to press the plain text mode button in the upper left corner to modify your post correctly.   I don't like how if you put two source snippets you can't get back to post something between them.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS