• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

A few post issues...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

First, there are two "Blog this" links under each post.

Second, when I tried to quote someone to reply to them (and I have the plain-text editor enabled by default), I got weird rendering issues:
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 9.39.04 PM.png

Notice that the formatting buttons are kind of gone, but kind of not (they were invisible until I moused-over them). Also, when I started to type, the text box extended past the "Post" and "More reply options" buttons and covered them (but apparently they were still clickable, albeit totally invisible, below the extended text box, and by guessing at where the "Post" button was I was able to click it).

Third, I tried editing this post, but when I click "Save Changes" (using the inline editor, not the full editor (clicking "Use Full Editor" does nothing)) (also using plain-text mode), the changes will not save. The green loading bars will pop up at the top of the screen when I click "Save Changes" like they normally would when saving a modified post, but when they go away I still have my inline text editor, and reloading the page shows an unmodified post. Note that that post has a history of edits, none of which actually contain any of my edits.

Edit: I'm on Chrome 23.0.1271.101 + OS X 10.8.2.

Edit edit: apparently I can edit this post using the inline editor (and the full editor), for whatever reason...

Edited by Cornstalks, 21 December 2012 - 10:52 PM.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Sponsor:

#2 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5449

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Can you do a ctrl+R hard refresh and then go back and see if you can edit that post now?   Thanks for the feedback btw!

#3 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Can you do a ctrl+R hard refresh and then go back and see if you can edit that post now?   Thanks for the feedback btw!
That worked! But I'm still getting weird rendering issues with the formatting buttons when quoting you...
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#4 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5449

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

That worked! But I'm still getting weird rendering issues with the formatting buttons when quoting you...

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem yet.   What country do you live in?

Edited by Michael Tanczos, 22 December 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#5 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem yet.   What country do you live in?

Utah, USA. It's a little better now, but still a little goofy:
Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 9.46.05 AM.png

I don't have to mouse-over for the icons to appear, but the sides are missing/cut off.

There's also still two "Blog This" links below posts.

Edit: And a bunch of blank lines got inserted into the quotes...

Edited by Cornstalks, 22 December 2012 - 10:54 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS