How could I make a simple humanoid model?

Started by
1 comment, last by MarkS_ 11 years, 4 months ago
I am getting started on beginning to create my game. I was wondering if I should just import a simple human model or just start with a capsule as is done with a 3rd person control already in unity.

I am following a tutorial on handling movement to feel more fluid and add customization actions to it.
Tutorial as example: http://cgcookie.com/unity/2011/11/30/robot-series-part-01-movement/

Just wondering as to what I could do. My character is a female, archer and it follows a platformer idea.
Advertisement

I don't know that there's a wrong answer but if you're trying to flesh out your animation skills and code, it can't hurt to have an animated character to do it with.

I'm not sure how to answer your question. It seems like you need help with the model, but I'm thinking also the programming?

For the model, check out www.makehuman.org The program will allow you to create a realistic human model of either sex, nearly any age, race and size. The models are nude, so you'll still need to do some modeling in a 3D program and I don't think Make human outputs bone data, so you'll have to do that yourself as well.

Sorry, I cannot help you with Unity.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement