• Create Account

Documentation for articles seems outdated, and I can't add articles

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Casey Hardman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2184

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hey, I noticed some strange things related to the articles system.

If I go to the home, then the "Latest Articles" tab, and then click the "See More Articles" link, it says near the top-right of the article listing "You cannot add articles".

I thought at one point it had an Add Article button, and I figured anyone could add them, but they would be reviewed before going public.

Also, in the Help documentation, under the heading "Submitting Articles for Publishing" -> "How To Submit Content To Us" -> "Already Composed", there's a link "posting them here" that seems broken.

If it's important, I noticed both of these things before the site upgrade that's been going on recently.

So why can't I add articles?  Do I need a certain amount of reputation first or something?  It doesn't seem like it's explained anywhere, so maybe instead of only saying "You cannot add articles", there could be a brief explanation about why you can't?

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17912

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

We're currently doing a complete re-write/design of the article system, I expect it's related to that.

#3 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5178

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

This is correct.  We'll be relaunching the article section again soon.   Right now we're working on a number of changes to improve the overall system.  In the mean time article submissions have been disabled.

Edited by Michael Tanczos, 25 December 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#4 Casey Hardman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2184

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Ah, I see...I'll look forward to it, then!  Thanks for letting me know.

In that case, all I have to suggest is an update to the documentation when you're finished.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS