• Create Account

multiple SDL screens open at once

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crusable   Members   -  Reputation: 592

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hello, how would i open multiple screens, of different sizes, independent of each other, however in the same program(like a popup window), with sdl and c++?

Edited by Mathew Bergen, 27 December 2012 - 05:39 PM.

"C spilled his beer all over C++'s shirt. Outraged, C++ shouted, "Good god, man! Have you no class?"

"Your mother is so fat that the recursive function that was used to calculate her mass created a stack overflow"

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9541

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Which version of SDL are you using? If you're using 1.2 then you're out of luck. If using 1.3/2.0 then it should just be a matter of calling SDL_CreateWindow() multiple times.

#3 Crusable   Members   -  Reputation: 592

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'm using 1.2.15. Is 1.3/2.0 very different from 1.2.15? and what site can i use to learn it. Also, can i do it using openGL?

Edited by Mathew Bergen, 27 December 2012 - 06:17 PM.

"C spilled his beer all over C++'s shirt. Outraged, C++ shouted, "Good god, man! Have you no class?"

"Your mother is so fat that the recursive function that was used to calculate her mass created a stack overflow"

#4 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9541

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

You might want to look at the SDL 2.0 migration guide for the important differences. And, yes, it can be used to work with OpenGL.

#5 Crusable   Members   -  Reputation: 592

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Do you have a site/tutorial for that?

Edited by Mathew Bergen, 27 December 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS