• Create Account

[SlimDX]: Joystick Calibration Issues

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Munawarb   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this is an issue with SlimDX or not and am hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to implement joystick support in my game. I've tried two separate sticks so far and both don't report a y value of zero when centered (they're off.) I don't have this issue with the Z axis or any other control on these devices. They are from two separate companies.

I've also tried running the Windows calibration utility with no luck. I've tried other games with these joysticks and they center just fine. What's going on? Thanks much!

Sponsor:

#2 eppo   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2459

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Analog sticks tend to report non-zero values even when they are centered: joystick deadzone.

#3 munawar   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for this, it helped a lot.

Also in Windows there was a "reset to default " option in Control Panel when you click the device's properties. When I clicked the button, the joystick reports center properly now, so it wasn't a SlimDX issue after all. I've found that in a lot of cases, the Windows generic drivers work better than the ones provided by the manufacturer.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS