• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

It's 4:48 AM. You're on top of a mountain at 2800m after a 9 hour night climb. The sun is about to rise. You realize there's just one thing missing...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 irreversible   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1409

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Everyone has had at least one of those moments when music has absolutely totally changed how they remember something. To me the first (and thus far most memorable) of these moments was a number of years ago in precisely the conditions described in the title. After that there's a selection of tracks that I always carry with me - for when the next magic moment comes along, I'd be prepared.

These tracks are:

What are yours?

Sponsor:

#2 Shaquil   Members   -  Reputation: 815

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

何言ってんだ?

#3 szecs   Members   -  Reputation: 2185

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Maybe, but probably nothing.

#4 tom_mai78101   Members   -  Reputation: 577

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

何言ってんだ?

何だ他?

#5 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14403

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

อะไรวะ?

ทุกคนพูดภาษาญี่ปุ่นทำไม?

As some know I plan to do more than just a mountain climb.

But whether viewing the rising sun from a mountain top or another planet there really is no better choice than Jurassic Park’s theme song (which I play on piano too), which is already on my playlist.

If people randomly typing in Japanese on an English forum were to force me to come up with 2nd’s and 3rd’s, I would go with:

Ronald Jenkees: Neptune

Kansas: Dust in the Wind

L. Spiro

Edited by L. Spiro, 29 December 2012 - 05:04 AM.

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#6 Oolala   Members   -  Reputation: 860

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I don't have an answer to this, but I clicked on the link because I checked this forum at precisely 4:48 AM, and saw this topic, and it creeped me out.

I waited until 4:50am [now] hitting refresh to see if the time would change, like you have the actual time shown.

Edited by Oolala, 30 December 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#7 Kridian   Members   -  Reputation: 296

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdeqKuZgBtY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmnYqKl1LzE

#8 ShadowValence   Members   -  Reputation: 380

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm a huge fan of Hans Zimmer for epic sounding orchestral scores.

But for watching a rising sun, i think I'd lean more towards the feather theme from Forest Gump. my "normal" musical tastes (for both listening and playing) are simplistic.

Other than that, i might click on a random YouTube "chillstep".

#9 Morphex   Members   -  Reputation: 298

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Two Steps from, pretty much anything from them. Would turn my climbing epic biggrin.png (Might go crazy and jump from somewhere, so I am not sure if that was going to be a good idea)

Also try coding with that kind of music, its a adventure ahahaha

Edited by Morphex, 01 January 2013 - 12:25 AM.

Check out my new blog: Morphexe 

#10 Art Whiz   Members   -  Reputation: 194

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

There is nothing more epic than this...

I remember I was almost crying at that scene, I got goosebumps all over my skin...

It's really one of the most empowering song ever created. smile.png

♥♥♥ Legen... wait for it... dary Game Art for your every needs! ♥♥♥

#11 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1974

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

"In Orbit" - John Williams

Imagine yourself floating in space, 200km over Earth...

#12 Kwizatz   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 1206

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

It's 4:48 AM. You're on top of a mountain at 2800m after a 9 hour night climb. The sun is about to rise. You realize there's just one thing missing...

> eat rope

Edited by Kwizatz, 09 January 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS