• Create Account

Track Position in OpenGL ES

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiscGolfer17   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have some models moving around a sphere using glRotate() and glTranslate() which all works how I want. Now I need to add collision detection. Each model has a bounding box and bounding sphere associated with it. How do I keep track of each models' position and apply that to the bounding box and bounding sphere so that I can test for collisions? I am using Java on Android, with the libGDX framework on OpenGL ES 1.1.

Sponsor:

#2 Ravnock   Members   -  Reputation: 288

1Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I have some models moving around a sphere using glRotate() and glTranslate() which all works how I want. Now I need to add collision detection. Each model has a bounding box and bounding sphere associated with it. How do I keep track of each models' position and apply that to the bounding box and bounding sphere so that I can test for collisions? I am using Java on Android, with the libGDX framework on OpenGL ES 1.1.

There is another thread about this topic here 

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/300428-sphere-box-collision/

I hope it's useful.

#3 DiscGolfer17   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks, that will definitely help when I get to the actual testing of collision detection. My problem right now is keeping track of the x, y, and z coordinates of the model after calls to glRotate() and glTranslate() which in turn need to transform the corresponding bounding box/sphere for that model. Right now, the drawing is working how I expect but I need a way to keep track of the position in the world.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS