• Create Account

Continuous collision detection

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 pizza123   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hi, 

I'm trying to make a 2D physics engine, and for the hit detection I'm currently using SAT. Currently all objects are stationary and the collision detection is discrete, but I'm trying to implement a continuous collision detection. I did some research and found out there's "swept SAT", but from what I understand it can only predict the collision between moving objects that are not rotating (but can't predict the collision between two moving rotating objects). However, I also found out about Minkowski collision detection and that it can work for continuous collision detection for moving rotating objects, but I didn't really do much research into it because I already have SAT. I was wondering if there's a way to predict whether and when two moving rotating objects will collide with SAT, or if I should try to implement the Minkowski collision detection (also, how hard is it compared to SAT?).

Thank you

Sponsor:

#2 pizza123   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

uh should'v posted in the math and physics section, my bad

Edited by pizza123, 28 December 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#3 thecoast47   Members   -  Reputation: 255

0Likes

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

I think you should take a look at this: http://www.mediafire.com/?3d6tk67ppq3h4lb

#4 pizza123   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

I think you should take a look at this: http://www.mediafire.com/?3d6tk67ppq3h4lb

Thank you!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS