• Create Account

WebGL Lode Runner

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Milton Waddams   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi everyone. Just wondering how many people play WebGL games? I ported my Java game to HTML5/WebGL:

http://java-expert.nl/games/loderunner/

lr9.jpg

Also, can anyone think of a good user interface to play this on a tablet? I could add a virtual joystick, but I'm not sure that's accurate enough.

Sponsor:

#2 silv3r.m00n   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

this looks like a 2d game, what did you use webgl for ?

#3 Milton Waddams   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Originally I wrote it with LWJGL (http:/java-expert.nl/games). To get decent performance I needed openGL.

I just ported it to libGDX, not sure if I could drop openGL, doubt it though...

What would you use?

#4 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 16714

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Score: 141050, Level 73 (since it's intentionally skipping levels, not as impressive as it sounds).

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#5 Milton Waddams   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Score: 141050, Level 73 (since it's intentionally skipping levels, not as impressive as it sounds).

Still, nice going :) Too bad I have no idea how to store the highscore...

#6 jwezorek   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1606

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

oh, man ... loderunner. Those are the real levels and the real graphics too, right? -- (graphics from the Apple ][ version based on the (lack of) colors?)

Are you emulating an old machine or did you rip the sprites somehow?

Don't know what a good interface on a table would be other than the obvious
(a) onscreen buttons
or
(b) sweep left = left, sweep right = right, sweep up = up, etc. + tap left side of screen = dig left, ...

Edited by jwezorek, 02 January 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#7 Milton Waddams   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ripped the graphics from my c64 emulator (Vice). Wonder what happens if I put it on Google Play...

I don't like the loderunners that use continuous running. I'm thinking of a virtual joystick with the left thumb (not visible), and right thumb as button. 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS