• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Single line Code tags and HTML Formatting

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Smith   Members   -  Reputation: 1146

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Couple of bugs I have noticed sometimes in several threads.  This is using the latest version of Chrome.

1: Single line Code Tags-I am not entirely sure where this occurs and have not seen what produces the error, though while viewing some topics the code inside of code tags just appears on one line.  Their are no line breaks in it.

Gamedev_Errors.png

2: HTML Formatting Shows up- I have also seen this error in some posts though have not found the way that it is produced.  Some posts show up with HTML tags in them  Most of the time it seems to be the end tags.

Game_Dev_Errors_HTML.png

Just wanted to bring these errors up if they have not already been brought up.  Hopefully someone can find a way to reproduce these.  I haven't quite found the way these are produced

I just tested these on IE10 and the same errors were shown

Sponsor:

#2 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5454

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Do you have any examples of code that was posted that creates this problem?   Most issues related to code tags will stem from using code tags inside the rich text editor rather than using the code button or bbcode mode (the light switch button)

#3 Chad Smith   Members   -  Reputation: 1146

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

I just tried to see if I could make it do it on this post.  I can't figure out what exactly is causing it.

I've tried using code tags not in BBCode Mode, code showed up fine.  Tried using code tags in BBCode Mode and code showed up perfectly also.  Tried editing the post and editing the code and it still showed up fine.

Here are the links to two posts that have it.  

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/636294-visual-studio-2010-ignore-warrning/#entry5014031

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/636294-visual-studio-2010-ignore-warrning/#entry5014223

Maybe that will help you out.  I'll play around with it for a couple of minutes to see if I can figure out what is causing it.

Edited by Chad Smith, 30 December 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#4 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5454

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

float posX;
float posY;

int main()
{
    setTextPosition(
    static_cast <int> (posX) ,
    static_cast <int> (posY) ) ;
    return 0;
}

This may be a browser issue perhaps? I haven't tried IE10 with it but I know IE10 might be one possibility for causing this.

Edited by Michael Tanczos, 30 December 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#5 Chad Smith   Members   -  Reputation: 1146

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I just tried to reproduce in Chrome, FireFox, and IE10.  I can't reproduce it, though viewing those posts in all three browsers results in the code in one line.

I can deal with it though as I've only seen it happen in a select few number of posts.  Weird though that we can't figure out how to reproduce it though.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS