• Create Account

Is constantly calling alGenBuffer or alGenSource and alDelete on those a good idea?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 ill   Members   -  Reputation: 320

0Likes

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm currently trying to decide how I will put together my audio code.  I was thinking about having a buffer pool but then I realized I should just be able to call alGenBuffer and alDeleteBuffers as needed, along with sound sources and all that...

I'm wondering if that's actually a good way to do it since I image OpenAL would probably be better at this management than me or is there something inefficient about doing this?  I have to usually call alBufferData to actually set the contents of a buffer anyway so managing the buffer id shouldn't be so bad, right?

I guess this applies to OpenGL as well since I often glGen and glDelete things like textures and buffers.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS