• Create Account

Help with IIS

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 mholmes   Members   -  Reputation: 189

0Likes

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Having what seems like major issues with IIS. Simply trying to build a simple ASP based website using IIS. I have a WAMP based web site currently on my other server but Im a VB developer and ASP is a better way for me. Anyway, I had it working ish, when I visited Localhost it was working but today I watched a bad tut that told me how to setup the website incorrectly so I removed a lot things and it stopped working. So I reinstalled IIS and local host is not working at all any more. When I visit my ASPX site, it gives me this error:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

The only thing I can think of to resolve the issue at this point is just format and reinstall everything from a clean install of windows 7 ultimate. So I guess the question is, is my problem a easy fix or would be best to start fresh as this point? Not a issue to format just time consuming. Thanks in advance for helping

Sponsor:

#2 EmployeeNumber8   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1103

0Likes

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

You shouldn't need to format or re-install. Just start a new web project, and add a new site entry for it in IIS. Just use the default values, don't tinker with anything. If you are just learning, then you shouldn't need to tweak anything in IIS. If the defaults don't work - then you really have issues lol. I'm guessing you removed something(s) that messed up your project. I'd say just start a new project and don't mess around with IIS too much.

#3 hplus0603   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4984

0Likes

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

The error message tells you exactly what you need to do.

If you want a route (handler) to a particular ASP project, then add that to the configuration (adding a new project may do this automatically for you.)

If you want a file to be served (like an HTML file or image,) add a MIME map for the file extension/type.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS