• Create Account

i want to know the language of Osu!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mio_Akiyama   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hi i'm new here and i would like create my game 

a music game but i would like know the language of osu!game http://osu.ppy.sh/ for make a K-ON!Music Game anyone know osu! and the language (C#,C++,C,.NET)?

Sponsor:

#2 Moonkis   Members   -  Reputation: 272

0Likes

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Making a game takes time, and a lot of it.

If it's just for fun I recommend you trying to find an engine and build out of that. If you are interested on making games from ground up then you should know that it wont be easy and will consume a lot of time learning the language and concept of game development.

As for what language the Osu! game is made with is not really relevant, pick a language and stay with it. C++, Java or C# is most commonly used in game development ( IMO, others are Python and Ruby ) but is not limited to them.

Just a quick look at Osu! It requires .NET 2.0 and is Windows only (beside the Mac installer which is in beta state) I'd guess it's using C# and XNA/DirectX or OpenGL directly for the graphical part, though it could be any numbers of graphical api's.

Edited by Moonkis, 03 January 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#3 Rorakin   Members   -  Reputation: 618

0Likes

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hello,

Any decent 2D game engine could make OSU, I suggest doing a search like 'Free 2d game engine' and go from there.

#4 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2756

0Likes

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

おはああああああああああ Mio-chan!

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking. Do you want to create a new program that is similar to Osu! or do you want to use Osu! to create a game?

You can create a K-ON! 'beatmap' for Osu! very easily by using the information found on their FAQ.
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS