• Create Account

Religion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Probably most of the people on these forums are at least...smart.I mean game programming is a field that requires a lot of thinking.

Along my way to learn apis and all that stuff,I encountered a person that in my opinion had everything but time to build an amazing game,and he was very attached to...religion.Later he ended up quiting the world of game programming to spend more time with the church.

What I'm trying to say is: do you believe in religion? and do you believe in god?

Studies have shown that the atheism is growing,and in future,the atheism is gonna be the thing,not religion.

What do you think? God created people or was it the evolution?

Edited by noatom, 03 January 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 szecs   Members   -  Reputation: 2142

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

I foresee either a flamewar or total lack of interest in the topic...

#3 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

flamewar? how about an argument war? who has better arguments.

#4 achild   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1840

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Definitely believe in Jesus Christ, here.

Interestingly, atheism requires faith. ph34r.png

#5 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6990

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Goodness... there was a 108 page discussion on this already...

I can enjoy discussing religion with people in person, but I hate it over the internet.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#6 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

atheism requires faith in what? the definition of atheism means no faith

#7 Aluthreney   Members   -  Reputation: 256

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

What do you think? God created people or was it the evolution?

Why not both? It could be that God, whatever it is, created life and evolution did the rest. I'd like to believe that (our idea of) God only exists because we exist, therefore it depends on us just as much as we depend on it.

Then again I could be wrong.

Aluthreney -- the King of sheep.

#8 smr   Members   -  Reputation: 1638

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

It seems to me like you're setting up an argument about how intelligent people should be atheist.

#9 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3887

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Goodness... there was a 108 page discussion on this already...

I can enjoy discussing religion with people in person, but I hate it over the internet.

+1

this topic has probably been discussed a billion times on every single forum to ever exist, so why do we need to have another one.

Edited by slicer4ever, 03 January 2013 - 09:42 AM.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#10 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8880

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Besides, religion isn't very easy to objectively argue about, considering it is not based on logic, which often results in circular reasoning wink.png

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#11 Shaquil   Members   -  Reputation: 819

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Besides, religion isn't very easy to objectively argue about, considering it is not based on logic, which often results in circular reasoning wink.png

+20

#12 Aluthreney   Members   -  Reputation: 256

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

It seems to me like you're setting up an argument about how intelligent people should be atheist.

If you´re talking about what I said. No, that's not my intention. I was merely contributing to the post, but now I regret doing it...thanks T.T

Aluthreney -- the King of sheep.

#13 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

oh...i was just asking if you believe in a god from a certain religion and why,that was all.<br /><br />

#14 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 9995

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Let us not repeat this particular open-ended philosophical discussion.

If you have a specific philosophical point you would like to debate vis a vis religious beliefs, please start another thread with a suitably narrow focus.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS