C/C++/C#/.NET Developer In need of Project

Started by
5 comments, last by slicer4ever 11 years, 3 months ago
Hey guys,

I am a Computer engineering student and i have a lot of free time in the evenings. And i am very eager to start my own project.

Now the downside is, but my inspiration has been lost for weeks now and it's driving me crazyyy!! So i'm looking for a partner, or looking to join a group that is developing something cool at the moment!

I am down to almost everything! But at most i like games and web applications!
Please guys, help me out of this misery :D

Greetz,

Roy

PS: you can contact me through Royscheefhals@hotmail.com or just react in this topic ofcourse
Advertisement

Well you can do a research on unit/group of units movement on gridless terrain using graphs and share your experience with me as I failed poorly to come up with some working code :)

Well you can do a research on unit/group of units movement on gridless terrain using graphs and share your experience with me as I failed poorly to come up with some working code smile.png

i know this is a bit off-topic for the OP, but your best bet is to look into obstacle avoidance for gridless movement, i did this over the summer when i was working on my game(although i used grid's for high-level path generation, and obstacle avoidance for general collision avoidance systems).

probably posting in the AI forums would give you the best response.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Would you be interested in helping me with my procedural city generator ??? i am in need of a tool guy, basically i need some help with the front end of the generator , gui , and some simple editing capabilities since everything is running in an awful mfc project.<br />If you are interested frop me a line at vp8671@libero.it or using the private messaging.<br />
@Roy: Have you tried the Classified on GameDev? I'm sure you can find some projects there. Or just put up an ad saying what you said here. That's probably the best place to look for volunteer work.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Well you can do a research on unit/group of units movement on gridless terrain using graphs and share your experience with me as I failed poorly to come up with some working code smile.png

i know this is a bit off-topic for the OP, but your best bet is to look into obstacle avoidance for gridless movement, i did this over the summer when i was working on my game(although i used grid's for high-level path generation, and obstacle avoidance for general collision avoidance systems).

probably posting in the AI forums would give you the best response.

so can you share something specific, at least pseudo code maybe :)

here's my post from back in summer: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/629277-papers-on-rvohrvo/ the attached source code at the bottom, and the papers in the links is what i knew at the time, and should lead you in the correct direction.

I have been thinking of writing up an article on the topic now that i understand alot more of what to do, as much of the resources i found on the subject way over-complicate what has to be done, and i feel i could present the information in a much better fashion then the stuff i found.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement