• Create Account

Debug directX and HLSL in windows 8

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Volgogradetzzz   Members   -  Reputation: 534

0Likes

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hi. I'm googling the whole day and still need help. I want to debug my graphics stuff - shaders, API calls. I'm using windows 8 and visual studio 2012 express. I'm a hobbyist so I can't afford retail version of visual studio, so integrated graphics debug tool is not available for me. Also as you know windows 8 have build in directx sdk and it's impossible to use pix. I looked at nvidia nsight but again - it's nsight visual studio edition works with VS 2008 and VS 2010 retail. There're amd gpu perfstudio but it seems that I can debug only vertex shaders. Moreover I have geForce gpu and I'm not sure - will amd software work with nvidia hardware? Also I found intel gpa and again the same questions - will it work with NON intel gpu, can I debug all sahders in windows 8?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS