• Create Account

LNK2019 + LNK1120 Errors

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danny Burkhart   Members   -  Reputation: 157

0Likes

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have currently been at a loss after I got this errors debugging.

1>graphicsclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall modelclasstexture::~modelclasstexture(void)" (??1modelclasstexture@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void * __thiscall modelclasstexture::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_Gmodelclasstexture@@QAEPAXI@Z)
1>graphicsclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall modelclasstexture::GetIndexCount(void)" (?GetIndexCount@modelclasstexture@@QAEHXZ) referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall GraphicsClass::Render(void)" (?Render@GraphicsClass@@AAE_NXZ)
1>graphicsclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall modelclasstexture::Render(struct ID3D10Device *)" (?Render@modelclasstexture@@QAEXPAUID3D10Device@@@Z) referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall GraphicsClass::Render(void)" (?Render@GraphicsClass@@AAE_NXZ)
1>modelclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall modelclasstexture::ShutdownBuffers(void)" (?ShutdownBuffers@modelclasstexture@@AAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall modelclasstexture::Shutdown(void)" (?Shutdown@modelclasstexture@@QAEXXZ)
1>C:\IGE v1.0\Source\IGE\Debug\IGE.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

I cannot find the source of the errors and have been researching to no solution.

The errors seem to come from this section of my code:

public:
modelclasstexture();
modelclasstexture(const modelclasstexture&);
~modelclasstexture();

bool Initialize(ID3D10Device*, WCHAR*);
void Shutdown();
void Render(ID3D10Device*);

int GetIndexCount();

ID3D10ShaderResourceView* GetTexture();

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9418

4Likes

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Those errors mean that you haven't provided definitions for those functions. You need to give them function bodies somewhere.

#3 Danny Burkhart   Members   -  Reputation: 157

0Likes

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Those errors mean that you haven't provided definitions for those functions. You need to give them function bodies somewhere.

+1, thanks for the help.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS