• Create Account

Good reads

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 gm-noob   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys,

What are some good books on java for beginners looking towards making a game in the end? Thanks a ton.

Any help is appreciated, so far the only book I heard was good is Killer Game Programming In Java.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Sponsor:

#2 Crusable   Members   -  Reputation: 594

0Likes

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

There is a book they use at my school called "Starting out with Java, Early Objects" fourth edition. If they use the book in a school, then it must be good, or at least not suck. I personally have not read the book, but maybe you should look into it. Also, you don't need an actual game programming book to learn to program games. If you take a book like this one, and a game programming book on java, you can get the same results. You learn the same stuff(pretty much, some books include more than others) from both books, however the game programming book might teach you the basics of how to make graphical games with jframe (Maybe, I don't know enough java to know what I am talking about. I am sorry if I was wrong). Personally, I would research the books and see what they have to offer me based on learning java, not on game programming. 

Edited by Mathew Bergen, 06 January 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#3 Dwarf King   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1862

1Likes

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

You go to amazon.com and type in "Java Game Programming" and then you get this Java Game Programming books You then read some of the reviews(some bad and some good) and then you will have something to compare with.

Hope that helps out tongue.png

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"

Albert Einstein

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education"

Albert Einstein

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS