• Create Account

Scaling 16x16 Environments?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 iGoogleThis   Members   -  Reputation: 205

0Likes

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

So I've started developing a small game using 8-bit style graphics with 16 x 16 sprites which I now feel was a mistake for scaling reasons.  Is there a way to scale up from that for the purpose of getting screenshots of what's going on? How can I apply that to screen testing on mobile devices? I want to achieve a close-up style during gameplay.  In what resolution should I start creating the rest of my levels? My weapon of choice is GIMP in Ubuntu, thanks in advance! 

Chris LeJohn

Build Engineer (RE)
Gnovahex Computing

Sponsor:

#2 Sik_the_hedgehog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1608

1Likes

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

What I'd do is render the entire game at a low resolution then scale up the final result to display on screen =P (although for screenshots I'd stick to the low resolution then scale them up with an image editor or something)

Just make sure the scale amount is a multiple of 100% if you don't want it to look horrible.

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS