• Create Account

Curry's KNOWHOW ad-banner using lots of CPU

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 dmatter   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3299

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Whenever I see the Curry's KNOWHOW advert banner at the top of GDNet my laptop gets all hot and bothered because Flash is using 60-70% CPU according to either Window's or Chrome's task managers.

Anybody else seeing that issue?

I actually have a different Currys/PCWorld advert on at the moment, not the KNOWHOW one, and this one is fine.

Sponsor:

#2 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5455

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Since we use Google ads everybody gets ads more targeted at the types of things they are viewing across the net.   Right now I'm getting a lot of Disney vacation ads as my wife is researching a possible try to Disney World.   You may be the only one getting those ads unfortunately.

I'll see if there is anything we can do to target a specific generic ad.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21183

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

If you're still having problems with this, deleting your cookies can get clear ad tracking capabilities so that that specific ad might stop appearing, and other ads may show up in its place. Right now I'm getting alot of 'Incorporate your business' ads because of this thread and following a few of the links. smile.png

Also, for some reason Jelly Belly keeps trying to sell me bulk boxes of Jelly beans. wink.png

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 dmatter   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3299

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

If you're still having problems with this, deleting your cookies can get clear ad tracking capabilities so that that specific ad might stop appearing, and other ads may show up in its place.
I've actually re-installed Windows since posting this which has, of course, cleared my cookie cache. For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that they were personalised ads tracked by cookies.
Also, for some reason Jelly Belly keeps trying to sell me bulk boxes of Jelly beans.
Do it!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS