• Create Account

best game art?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 CarlFGauss   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 January 2000 - 04:20 AM

Hi all, which game do you think have the best graphic/art? My vote goes to FF7 and FF8. Although the story of these game are too childish for me to like it, the graphic makes me marvel all day long just looking at it.

Sponsor:

#2 Mathias   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 13 January 2000 - 08:40 AM

i like revenant, ff8 and baldurs gate....

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 13 January 2000 - 12:19 PM

Curse of Monkey Island.

#4 digisoap   Members   -  Reputation: 241

Posted 15 January 2000 - 08:15 PM

I think the answer to that question all depends on the type of game, as they all have different styles and depth of art. For adventure games, I''d agree with the Monkey Island vote. Fantastic Artwork. For the rest:

RPG: Fallout (1 or 2)
FPS: Unreal or HalfLife (different styles)
Sidescroller: Abe''s Exodus (simply amazing)
RTS: Age of Empires
Arcade shooer: Raiden 2

anyone else?

-Nick
http://www.digital-soapbox.com

#5 Paladin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 January 2000 - 01:41 AM

Hmm... I really, REALLY like Manga / Anime art, so my vote might go for... ... ... Hard to say, there are only few manga games out SHENMUE ! Absolutely. Even after I have not played this game, all the screenshots rock !
But still I really like the art of Baldurs Gate.

#6 dimitri_gamer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 January 2000 - 11:48 PM

Shenmue.

#7 Auburn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 January 2000 - 01:32 PM

Hi, I think many of the games mentioned above are superb, FF8 is without a doubt the best cgi i`ve ever seen, however i go for Metal gear solid (even though its all low-poly graphs) its the most cinematic game looks great plays great. Actually the first game to ever impress me was another world on the amiga, good days. bye bye

#8 Delisk   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 January 2000 - 02:58 PM

BaldursGate and age of empire 2 got he best graphic!

Who said you need 3D to have nice art!

#9 Stefpet   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 January 2000 - 10:43 AM

Personally I like the "old school" artists more which draw stuff more pixel by pixel than using lots of plugins and tools.

If I would pick something out (with graphics in mind) I would choose some Amiga classics from Bitmap Brothers such as Chaos Engine II, Speedball 2. And Banshee from Core Design.

#10 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 23 January 2000 - 12:59 PM

revenant
Half-life

#11 dimitri_gamer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 January 2000 - 11:06 PM

I actually didn''t think Half Life looked that great. It was clean and crisp sure but I thought it was artistically uninspired. I have the same sort of feelings for Q3A but not as much so. Q3A has got some great architecture and lighting but some (not all) of the textures didn''t look that great. I''m surprised that all these next gen consoles haven''t offered anything other than higher polygon counts. How about realistic lighting and better texture quality, higher amount of onscreen colours etc....

#12 I-Shaolin   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 23 January 2000 - 11:25 PM

Well, as mentioned before, it really depends on the type of game. Obviously, CGI is going to look better than real time 3D.

For CGI, FFVIII is just hard to beat. For in-game graphics, I have no idea. Metal Gear Solid looked pretty good. I also really liked Homeworld. I think when you are looking at in-game graphics, you have to look at the entire graphical feel, instead of specific examples.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS