• Create Account

XNA vs Love2D vs Java performance

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 vladmihail   Members   -  Reputation: 312

0Likes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hello guys !

For quit a long time i am trying to decide what language and engine should i choose! I learnd Java for 7 mounths and i know almost everything about the syntacks and how its works.But i heard that Java is slow for making games (PC games) and very good for Android. After that i search for C# and Xna and i heard a lote of good things about it but i cant find any tutu for Xna 4.0 for making games.My plan its to read tutus and after that i start  making games on my own. 

Because i could not find any tut i started making simple games in Love2D but as i know Lua its just a script language and because of that i think its not fast enought to make big projects.

My goal its to make just 2D games where i can draw many objects whitout be worried of performance issues. 

Thanks for reading!

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17664

0Likes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Please don't cross post. I've left your question in For Beginners open.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS