Image Processing - Enhance Grey level

Started by
1 comment, last by jwezorek 11 years, 3 months ago
Guys I have a problem statement :
Using C , write a program to enhance the grey level using Sobel Gradient operator, median filter and Robert Gradient Filter in an image . Basically they mean to remove black spots from image using these methods .
I missed my entire image processing course due to health issues so I dont have much idea how to go about it. Should I use OpenGl or something ?
Advertisement

You could use OpenGL, but this means you'll have to write a lot of shader code to do this. And since you (I assume) don't have to make it a real time program, you might as well use the CPU instead. If you are allowed to use it in course, take a look at OpenCV, which is one of the most used libraries for image processing / computer vision.

It should have at least Sobel and median filters built in, but they are really easy to implement yourself (and doing so will teach you some of the most importent basic tools and techniques in field), like simple matrix convolutions, image formats and the like.

Yeah, if this is an assignment where you have to write everything yourself then can't really help in the context of a forum post. Otherwise, use OpenCV

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement