• Create Account

Dimension Nexus Adventures by Heresy Game Design

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kaelas   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

We just finished posting our final main features. So I figured it was time to start getting the word out that we want feedback on our concept. Were actually already in development and base alpha stage. However we have not gotten to implementing most of our mechanics and features yet. Since we were on Greenlight Concepts, we decided to use it for its intended use, feedback. So come one come all, let us know how to make this game your dream game!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116567911

Sponsor:

#2 Milcho   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1177

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

I had a read through your steam greenlight page.

You describe a lot of game ideas there, without specific mechanics behind them, so it's hard to give feedback. Take your comment that "You can even design your own three-dimensional structures" - ok, an interesting idea in any game - but that doesn't actually tell me how the design works, so I can't say if it will work ok or not. It this going to be in voxel-cube style? Or maybe in the style of an architecture design software like Autodesk's Revit, or something a bit more simplified like Google Sketchup?

That's just one example - I think you need to define all your game mechanics better before asking for feedback on the concept. 

Also, I'm not clear on how multiplayer works exactly. You talk about 'player servers' - is each player his own server? Are they all linked together to a master server? Is this dimention jumping between player servers, or all local? 

I also really wanted to see some development screenshots of any part of the game - you should put up some, even if they're not as cool as the finished product, it would be interesting to see some of these concepts being implemented.

As far as overall concept, it sounds very ambitious with a lot of different ideas intermixing. It may sound a little too ambitious I'm not sure how some of the pieces fit together - like the 'board game' and character sheet with a dry erase marker. This is a concept for a video game right? I'm assuming so, since you talk about designing 3d models, so I don't understand how a board game fits into it. Perhaps the two are just completely separate games? (And if so why is the board game mentioned on steam?)

That's about as much feedback as I think you can get right now - if you specify some of the mechanics you describe in more detail, it would make it much easier to give you feedback on them.

#3 Kaelas   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

If you goto the discussions area, each feature has its own Google document with multi-page write-ups answering all of your questions.

And no, this is not voxel cube style. You actually design buildings that basically have the same structural analysis as Red Faction. They need to be able to support weight, etc. We also give an in game program for modeling and designing buildings, as well as items, and new technologies, explained in the RnD discussion post.

Servers are a unique animal. In the full multiverse, lets say your hosting a sci-fi server and I'm hosting a fantasy server. When a boss comes to you (think multiverse villains form comic books) when you goto defeat it, being the first encounter, it does the stereotypical "Well, you got to me here, but what about this?" And now your players come to my server. When the boss is defeated, everyone returns to their home server.

And we did have full video of the project originally  however we pulled these because of dropping the original planet engine. Once our planet engine is up in its new form, new videos and screenshots will be posted. I'm hoping a week or two, but the one person were missing for our dev team is a procedural designer for Unity 4.0.

About the board game, tomorrow were releasing its document. The idea is a video game and board game released together, and expansion coming out together. If you take a look at our planned crowdfunding, the reason we are mentioning the board game is that its in our crowdfunding proposal. We basically are using Steam Greenlight Concepts for its full purpose, getting feedback on your concept.

We actually had started developing the Board game first, and realized what we were doing would make an amazing Video Game, which is where we got the idea of the games living together. New bosses and items being released at the same time, as well as new genres (dimensions). Let me know if you have questions after checking out the feature documents. Most of your questions are answered there.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS