• Create Account

screen shots

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I want to post a screen shot of my game so I can get some feedback on what to do next.

Sponsor:

#2 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9287

1Likes

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Well, post a screen shot, then. Generally they don't tell much, though - a playable prerelease or some video footage gives a lot of more insight into the game.

If you mean how, you can take a screenshot of your desktop by pressing  your "Print Screen" keyboard button, or of the active window via "Alt + Print Screen". Under Linux this should create an image file in your pictures folder, under Windows it'll copy that image in your clipboard and you can open Paint and Ctrl+V it in, then save the image. You can then upload the image to any free image hosting service on the internet, like imgur or tinypic, copy the direct link and post it on the forum between [img] tags (there's button on the editor to help do that).

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS