• Create Account

Porting from Shader Effect FW to raw Vertex/Pixel Shader

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 X-Shiryu   Members   -  Reputation: 120

0Likes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Using Effect FW i could use methods to pass data to shader using a string as handle:

MyEffect->SetFloat("my_var",1.0f);

So what i doing now is:

call D3DCompile to fill my ID3DBlob with compiled data.

call CreateVertexShader to create it by passing ID3DBlob above.

and for Constant Table i call D3DXGetShaderConstantTable passing ID3DBlob above. Problem here: D3DX call.

Now that D3DX library is deprecated for next DirectX updates, can i still use ID3DXConstantTable and D3DXGetShaderConstantTable?

Because i can make the same code like above, working with string handles not with registers directly like this:

MyDevice->SetVertexShaderConstantF(0,1.0f,1);

Edited by X-Shiryu, 12 January 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10226

2Likes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

D3DX libraries will continue to work fine if you link to them, they're just no longer being updated and they won't work for Windows Store apps. D3DX is the only way to obtain shader reflection info for D3D9 shaders, so you pretty much have to use it if you're making a D3D9 app.

#3 X-Shiryu   Members   -  Reputation: 120

0Likes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

OK, thanks.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS