• Create Account

Best Engine for sokoban like mobile game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 LeiNaD_87   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hello everebody!!

I have experience with C/C++, Java, ... but always without graphics. Now I want to make my first game for Android and maybe for iOS too. The game is like sokoban [see image] so I think the best way is do it like tiled game.

Do you know which game engine is the best for that? Can you bring me any tutorial?
- I tried andengine and with the examples I got something but without documentation it's very hard to use.
- I installed unity. With this I can port the game for any platform but maybe it's too many for that little game.

Thanks you!

sokoban_dqu.gif?0

Edited by LeiNaD_87, 12 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3535

0Likes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Try LibGDX. You don't really need an engine for this. Anything that will put some graphics on the screen and play sounds will do.

#3 LeiNaD_87   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Try LibGDX. You don't really need an engine for this. Anything that will put some graphics on the screen and play sounds will do.

Thank you. I'll see LibGDX. I don't like the option of put graphics and move it. I'll have many problems with multiple screen resolutions and I think it isn't the good way to do that.

#4 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3535

0Likes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

You are going to have to deal with that problem no matter what you use. That's more a design issue than a programming one.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS