• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Where are all the Indie Games in development?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 FrankDanJohansen   Members   -  Reputation: 194

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hi, I was wondering if everyone here could help me find and make a list of indie game developers

and indie games in development because it seems hard to actually find them in order to be able to

help them out with awesome music and ideas! Maybe there is a site that always has a list of games in development or something that would make it easier to actually get in touch with the creative people  in order to get together and make AWESOME games! 

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Luckless   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1837

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

If you are actually looking to work with indie developers by helping provide music for their apps, then a better option than trying to track them down and offer your services will likely be setting yourself up and letting them come to you.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 20308

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Try browsing here. Mine is here. (I have a website here, and a game-specific website here, but the websites are rather defective and not currently at the top of my task list)

Do you have a link to your music available to listen to?

What are you actually offering, and at what prices?

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 Schrompf   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 954

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

You might also try tigsource.com - the forums there are very active, although a bit heavy on the "retro blocky oldschool chiptune" side. There are more sites like this one, but to my knowlegde there is no real list of active independent studios. I guess it's because many of them fail and many new ones form every month.

----------
Gonna try that "Indie" stuff I keep hearing about. Let's start with Splatter.

#5 FrankDanJohansen   Members   -  Reputation: 194

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Thanx for the replies and suggestions thus far! I believe that the gaming community

should really focus on knowing what goes on by communicating about projects 

that aims for greatness so that they don't become lost dreams that never see the light of day.

And for those interested in our music we have made an add on this site here

Frank

#6 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5435

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Here is something we have that shows off a lot of indie games in progress - http://www.gamedev.net/showdown/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS